Dr. W. O. CATTRON
W. 0. Cattron, M. D., a prominent physician of Pekin, was born in La Porte County, Ind., December 31, 1852, and came to Tazewell County in 1889. His paternal grandfather was Valentine Cattron, a native of Tennessee, and his maternal grandfather James Concannon, was born in Brown County, Ohio. His parents were Samuel and Nancy Ann (Concannon) Cattron, the former having been born in Indiana in 1826 and the latter, in Ohio, in the same year.
Dr. Cattron remained on his parents’ farm until he was nineteen years old, obtaining a good education in the public schools and later teaching school for a number of years. It early became his desire to follow a professional occupation and, with this idea in view, he began the study of medicine under the instruction of Dr. C. S. Fahnestock, at La Porte. Ind. In 1873 he entered Hahnemann Medical College, in Chicago, from which he was graduated in 1876, and at the same time took a special course in diagnosis with Professors Ross and Herring, of the Cook County Hospital, also receiving a diploma from that institution. In 1877 he obtained a diploma from the Chicago Homeopathic College.
Dr. Cattron first began the practice of his profession at Valparaiso, Ind., where he remained until 1889, when he removed to Pekin and since that year has established an excellent practice. He has been active in Y. M. C. A. matters, and was President of the Association for two years. He is also a member of the School Board, of which he was Secretary for four years. Professionally, he is a member of the Illinois Homeopathic Medical Society, of the Indiana Institute of Homeopathy and of the Society of Orificial Surgeons of Chicago, Ill. Socially he belongs to the Knights of Pythias, the United Workmen, the Royal Arcanum, the Modern Woodmen, and is trustee of the Baptist Church. He has two brothers, James V., a dentist in La Porte, Ind., and Dr.
A. E., of Sharpsville, Pa. In politics he is a Republican.
Dr. Cattron was first married in La Porte, Ind., to Miss Lydia Ella Jones, on November 29, 1876, one child having been born of this union. Mrs. Cattron (died October 6, 1882, and in 1883 Dr. Cattron was again married, his second wife being Mrs. Georgia L. Hayward. They had one daughter, Edith, who died in infancy.
Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois and History of Tazewell County - page 986