WESLEY B. HARVEY
Wesley B. Harvey. Washington, Ill., was born in Newark, Ohio, December 15, 1824, the son of James and Mary Ann (Biningsley) Harvy. In 1828 he came to Tazewell County with his parents, who located within one and one-half miles of what is now Washington.
Mr. Harvey was educated in the common schools of Tazewell County, and at the age of twenty one became an independent farmer In Deer Creek Township, where he remained until 1858. He then sold his farm and moved to Washington where he has engaged in no active business with the exception of his dealings in real estate.
In his political views, Mr. Harvey is a Republican. He has been Justice of the Peace of Washington for twenty years, Supervisor of the Town for ten years, and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the M. E. Church for forty five years. In 1880 he was elected to the lower house of the Legislature, serving two years.
In December, 1849, Mr. Harvey married Eliza Barrett, daughter of J. P. Barrett, of Mt. Vernon, Ill., who died in April, 1891. In July, 1892, he was united in marriage, at Eureka, Ill., to Mrs. Nancy (Forbes) Sheppard, widow of Dr. R. H. Sheppard.
Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois and History of Tazewell County - page 1015